MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to disable board through cpanel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having issues with an upgrade from 1.6.2 to 1.8.4 - no access to the admin panel (I get a white page "cannot display the page).  Without access to the admin panel to disable signups, I'm getting spammers.

What's the easiest way to temporarily disable the site from within cpanel / file manager?

Thanks.
you can try this: open ~/inc/settings.php file in a editor like notepad++ or through file manager at web host panel
find $settings['disableregs'] = "0"; and change its value to 1 (that is, $settings['disableregs'] = "1";)
(2015-04-11, 05:10 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can try this: open ~/inc/settings.php file in a editor like notepad++ or through file manager at web host panel
find $settings['disableregs'] = "0"; and change its value to 1 (that is, $settings['disableregs'] = "1";)

Thanks.  Found the file and changed the value to 1, but the index page is still showing.  How can I disable the page from showing?  Rename the index page or something? Edit: That did it.
oh, in the same settings.php file you can change $settings['boardclosed'] = "0"; to $settings['boardclosed'] = "1";