MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question regarding upgrade from 1.6.2 to 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am trying to upgrade my forum from 1.6.2 to 1.8 and I have a few questions.

Should I upload ALL the files from the downloaded "Uploads" folder to my existing forum?
Yes, the tutorial here says so: http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/upgrade/

Quote:Upload all of the files and folders inside the package (from inside the Upload/ folder if using the full package), including the install/ folder (if it exists), overwriting the existing copies of the files in your file system.
Thanks. I am concerned about the fate of the plugins. Will they work or will they break?
(2015-04-11, 06:50 PM)tzameti13 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I am concerned about the fate of the plugins. Will they work or will they break?

What plugins do you have? Some of them may be 1.8 compatible, either by author's update or just changing the compatibility line.

By the way, don't forget to disable all plugins before the upgrade via ACP > Configuration -> General Configuration -> Disable All Plugins -> Yes. Also create a backup.
Hide To Guests (0.3.1)
Plugin hides content from unwanted groups by putting it in specified tag.

Akismet (1.2.1)
Akismet is a program that helps prevent SPAM on your forum.

Image Resizer & Optimizer with GD (2.0)
Resizes and optimizes an image if the width or filesize is larger than a maximum width given through the settings panel. (Does not work)

My Side Boxes (1.3)
Creates SideBoxes for mybb.

Private Thread (1.0)
You can make private matters for the entire forum.

Registration Security Question (1.2)
[Manage Questions]
Adds a randomly selected security question on registration page.PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Subforums in columns (2.0)
Order subforums in 2 or 3 columns.

Tapatalk (3.6.0)
Tapatalk Plugin for MyBB

Thanks (3.9)
Add a Thanks button to user posts.

That's all.
(2015-04-11, 07:08 PM)tzameti13 Wrote: [ -> ]Hide To Guests (0.3.1)
Plugin hides content from unwanted groups by putting it in specified tag.

Akismet (1.2.1)
Akismet is a program that helps prevent SPAM on your forum.

Image Resizer & Optimizer with GD (2.0)
Resizes and optimizes an image if the width or filesize is larger than a maximum width given through the settings panel. (Does not work)

My Side Boxes (1.3)
Creates SideBoxes for mybb.

Private Thread (1.0)
You can make private matters for the entire forum.

Registration Security Question (1.2)
[Manage Questions]
Adds a randomly selected security question on registration page.PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Subforums in columns (2.0)
Order subforums in 2 or 3 columns.

Tapatalk (3.6.0)
Tapatalk Plugin for MyBB

Thanks (3.9)
Add a Thanks button to user posts.

That's all.

I won't look through the mods site for all those plugins because it is something you can do yourself, but you can look here: http://community.mybb.com/mods.php (or Google) for updated versions or entirely different plugins with the same function.
Thanks Mikeh.
Yeah, make sure your plugins were updated for 1.6.5, which broke some plugins. We changed how the plugin system worked a bit in that release.

In the future, we recommend staying up to date with AT LEAST the minor releases, because they often have important security fixes. 1.6.4, for example, fixed some major ones if my memory serves me correctly.
Thanks Josh H. My forum is updated fine and running. I discarded the previous plugins and installed a few new.