MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What other free forum software do you use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Do you use any other free forum software? Why?

Thank you. 

I'm interested in what other forum software works for people here.
I used phpBB earlier, later swithed to MyBB and staying with it
I too started with phpBB, but moved here for the easier customization and plugin hooks system before phpBB had it.

I've also used FluxBB, SMF, and probably several others I've forgotten about as well.
None at the moment, just don't have a use for for it at this time. Used to use phpBB, MyBB, and SMF previously.
I probably have tested every well known forum system and MyBB was the only free one that stood up to my standards. Other big players like SMF and phpBB are solid, but honestly just like the finish of MyBB.
(2015-04-12, 07:23 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]I too started with phpBB, but moved here for the easier customization and plugin hooks system before phpBB had it.

I've also used FluxBB, SMF, and probably several others I've forgotten about as well.

I also started out with phpbb and moved to mybb.  I've used SMF for another forum and didn't like it much.
I started out with Invision Power Board 1.3 (the last version before it became paid) though I've played around with others like phpBB and SMF (but never ran a real community with them).
I've probably used all the well known ones like Mark M.

My favorite was probably IPB before it went to paid software.
ive used zetaboards, phpbb, mybb and vbulletin in past. hands down mybb comes in first...while zetaboards comes in second. been dabbling in createmybb3 which is more simplier offset of mybb which would need to download program. and zb because of its generic, user friendly ACP.
Pages: 1 2 3