MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to make Forums 'thinner'.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry for the delayed response, I was busy.
This is what the forums looks like ATM ( http://gyazo.com/1fb2a199ff9794f046749462008ff0f4 ) I have made both the forums and sidebar slightly thinner, and I want to move them together, to reduce this white space. I tried what you said above, and either I'm understanding it wrong or it doesn't work, because it didn't make a difference.
First in index template remove

style="float: right; width: 20%"
style="float: left; width: 65%;"

style attributes.

In global.css add

.side {
float:right;
width:200px;
vertical-align:top;
}

.forum {
vertical-align:top;
margin-right:208px; /*sidebar width + 6px in order to add small divide*/
}
I have the same question - making the forum a little bit thinner (as my forum names are short and it leaves a lot of white space).

At this time I am using the default theme, so the solutions here don't work for me.

I know how to reduce the width of the form on the index page, by using width=x%. However, that alone doesn't work as the forum is floated to the left, not centered.

So what I guess I need is either a way of centering the forum on the index page (at it's reduced width) or a way of increasing the left hand margin.

EDIT: I tried changing the minimum width under wrapper but that doesn't make any difference.

FURTHER EDIT: It's OK now, I figured it out....
Wrap the forums in a <div> and put this in CSS:

.wrappername {

display: table;
margin: auto;

}

Lightbulb Smile
Pages: 1 2