MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google mobile issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With new google update, all sites requires mobile responsive theme and problem is mybb iis lacking responsive themes. How can we overcome this issues for short period before new mobile theme be released. Is gomobile good option right now or orion mobile theme? also is there anyone would convert my current theme to mobile and for how much pm me.
What new google update? I don't think they can force it upon anyone, also replied to your PM.
21st April new Algorithm for non mobile sites Andrew.
Its not forced by google. However sites that are not mobile optimized "may" lose ranking.

I'll be closely watching my GA for my various MyBB sites and will compare the ones on responsive themes vs the ones that are not.

Either way there are some responsive theme options available that can be altered to fit existing designs if needed.

Personally i'm looking forward to MyBB 2.0 and hoping mobile responsiveness will be a standard feature so MyBB can go head to head with Zenforo. Zenforos mobile responsiveness is the only thing it has that MyBB doesn't IMO and still not enough to make me move away MyBB.

Hope this info helps a little
Fastest way to be mobile friendly with the new April 21st Google Algorithm change is probably using the GoMobile plugin in conjunction with a mobile theme.

I can tell you that many businesses, in the US, are paying attention to this date and have already changed or are in process. I run a small development company and I know their concerns.