MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Minimum Posts Required for Attachment Downloads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
"Thank you" is one post... Smile

And I am sure coming up with another post isn't that tough.  lol

btw...did you know the 2 posts you made here could have been at the mybbcentral site. lol...Are you dead btw? Cuz these 2 posts here didn't seem to kill you.

hehe
labrocca Wrote:And I am sure coming up with another post isn't that tough. lol
"Hello my name is *xyz* and I'm just here to tangerine your download Toungue"
Yes...exactly. So far at the site the 2 post requirement seems fine to most.

Thanks everyone.
Jes
Thanks Labrocca Smile
I think you would get a lot more response on your plug-ins if you upload them to the mods page and link to them making a general thread for your plug-ins.

Having it here on a official people will draw more people too it. It's just a suggestion if you want your plug-ins to be "popular". Or whatever.

I have to agree having to post two posts is going to annoy the hell out of most people. It's not that it will kill you. It's a principle.
some funny conversation there!

Nice plugin there (from the sounds of it), labrocca.. I think I'll use it sometime, but not yet. Plus, I won't criticize you on your 2 posts requirement, if you think it's fair, then IT IS fair -- after all you wrote it, and decided to release it but with a condition.

I think, most of the users who make plugins for their personal use, and then contribute it to the community, don't really care whether or not anyone use it though Crakter has made a good point there.
Well...I am more business-minded then most. And I think I am more dedicated too. Some mod authors make one or two mods. So far I have released about 10 and then I also have released about 5 themes but I plan to release at least 20+ more over the course of this year..maybe more even. So that's a lot of work overall.

If you notice for big projects like phpbb sites like phpbbhacks.com is HUGE. I would LOVE to be the equivelant for mybb. The mods site is semi-official while my site is 100% independent which gives me some freedom that the mods site may not offer at the same time it means I can also create restrictions. I try to be fair though and ultimately I am just looking to make a few dollars to pay for my efforts. I have already done a few client templates at reasonable rates. It's not a lot of money but it helps me to justify all this time and energy I place into the project. I have to weigh carefully my time spent in order to make sure that I earn enough to pay some bills. Otherwise I may have to get a real job (god forbid). I love sitting on this computer at home designing, coding, domaining and whatever I can to make a few bucks.

btw...in case any of you think I am not generous or appreciative of mybb staff and Chris you are wrong. tikitiki doesn't have a paypal and at the end of the year I threw Chris a few bucks. I plan to continue to share whatever I earn with the mybb staff. I hope I can at least pay for some of their hosting costs. Heck if they asked I would host them on one of my servers for free.

Crakter...your second link (mybb hooks) is a parked page now. Now I see a lot of mod authors here post threads listing ALL their mods in one thread and attempt to give support in that manner. IMHO that's a mess. Whenever I see one of those threads and want a plugin I can't tell what the new version is and normally those threads are hard to follow since they discuss upwards of 5 or 10 plugins. At mybbcentral I give each plugin a thread. If someone needs help...they know where to go. They know I will keep the latest version on top of thread to download. It's imho consistent and easier for plugin users.

At the official mods site I would love to see a "comments" area similar to the mybb ideas area. This would make it easy to have support and discussions for each mod. I think imho that makes more sense than it's current setup. Mods listed there often don't work or do not get support from it's author. I used to participate heavily at oscommerce and wrote a fair amount of code hacks for it. They have a fairly good example of a nice GNU/GPL opensource system for mods. A mod can be updated or added to by ANYONE wishing to improve or fix it. That imho would be great at the official mods site. At OSC the old versions are still available in case someone screws up a mod or maybe someone wants a simpler version. The important thing is that a history is kept complete with dates, version numbers, and authors names even for revisions. This would be great imho for mybb.

Tikitiki mentioned to me that the mods site was on the list of things to work on. Maybe some of my suggestions could be considered. It wouldn't shut me down from using mybbcentral but I certainly would use mybb mods site more often and upload my mods there.

Lastly...I plan to modify this plugin for a "Posts to View Forums" mod. It shouldn't be too hard to implement from what I already have. I know some people have really asked for that.
MrDoom Wrote:Having to post two posts for something is even more annoying is having to register to download something.
If you do not like the terms then do not use it. Simple Smile.
labrocca Wrote:Lastly...I plan to modify this plugin for a "Posts to View Forums" mod. It shouldn't be too hard to implement from what I already have. I know some people have really asked for that.
Didn't Nickman already make something for that?
http://mods.mybboard.com/view.php?did=471
FirefoxWiz Wrote:
labrocca Wrote:Lastly...I plan to modify this plugin for a "Posts to View Forums" mod. It shouldn't be too hard to implement from what I already have. I know some people have really asked for that.
Didn't Nickman already make something for that?
http://mods.mybboard.com/view.php?did=471

Yeah, but mine doesn't do archive mode..That's a big issue I have been trying to get around..Perhaps labrocca knows howWink
Pages: 1 2 3