MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Redirect / Seed Threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's been awhile since I've used MyBB and was wondering if this is possible with the latest version of MyBB, either by default or with a mod.

I'm trying to figure out how to create a thread, and have it also seed threads into other forums that redirect to the original post. Sort of along the lines of when you move a thread, and chose to leave a redirect behind.

Say, for example, I have a really in depth music forum. I create a thread about guitars, so I post it in the Guitar forum. But I also have two forums in the same category dedicated to specific brands. My thread is all about whether to buy the Gibson or the Fender, so I also want this thread to appear in the Gibson and Fender forums, but only as redirect links to the thread in the general Guitar forum.

Is this at all possible to do this with a default MyBB 1.8 install, without having to go through the motions of moving a thread multiple times, If not Is there a mod that will work to do this?

Thanks.