MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Highlight usergroups posts.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know there is a plugin for this but it does not work, I have tried;

http://mods.mybb.com/view/mysupport - Does not support 1.8
http://community.mybb.com/thread-148832.html - Does not work.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-134747.html - Does not work either.

Is this possible to do in 1.8, I am positive I was following all three of the above tutorials. The first is unsupported, the second tutorial is telling me to replace lines that are not even in my postbit's and the third is the same.

I am using v1.8, the domain is (countertdm.com),
Thanks in advance.
which type of postbit style you use ? few changes have to be done for 1.8 version depending on the postbit style

provide a test user account so that someone can check the elements to modify on your forum
(2015-04-13, 12:28 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]which type of postbit style you use ?  few changes have to be done for 1.8 version depending on the postbit style

provide a test user account so that someone can check the elements to modify on your forum

Thanks for getting back to me, I am using the vanilla (default) MyBB skin.

Postbit
{$ignore_bit}

<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
<div class="post {$unapproved_shade}" style="{$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
<div class="post_author">
{$post['useravatar']}
<div class="author_information">
<center><strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}</br></center>
<span class="smalltext">
{$post['groupimage']}
</span>
</div>
<div class="author_statistics">
{$post['user_details']}
</div>
</div>
<div class="post_content">
<div class="post_head">
{$post['posturl']}
{$post['icon']}
<span class="post_date">{$post['postdate']} <span class="post_edit" id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span></span>
{$post['subject_extra']}
</div>
<div class="post_body scaleimages post{$usergroup['pid']}" id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
{$post['message']}
</div>
{$post['attachments']}
{$post['signature']}
<div class="post_meta" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
{$post['iplogged']}
</div>
</div>
<div class="post_controls">
<div class="postbit_buttons author_buttons float_left">
{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}
</div>
<div class="postbit_buttons post_management_buttons float_right">
{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quickrestore']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_purgespammer']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
</div>
</div>
</div>

Postbit_classic
{$ignore_bit}
<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
<div class="post classic  post{$usergroup['gid']} {$unapproved_shade}" style="{$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
<div class="post_author scaleimages">
    {$post['useravatar']}
    <div class="author_information">
            <strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
            <span class="smalltext">
                {$post['usertitle']}<br />
                {$post['userstars']}
                {$post['groupimage']}
            </span>
    </div>
    <div class="author_statistics">
        {$post['user_details']}{$post['usercountry']}<br />{$post['usermood']}
    </div>
</div>
<div class="post_content">
    <div class="post_head">
        {$post['posturl']}
        {$post['icon']}
        <span class="post_date">{$post['postdate']} <span class="post_edit" id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span></span>
    {$post['subject_extra']}
    </div>
    <div class="post_body post{$usergroup['gid']} scaleimages" id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
        {$post['message']}
    </div>
{$post['simplelikes']}
    {$post['attachments']}
    {$post['signature']}
    <div class="post_meta" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">

</div>
</div>
<div class="post_controls">
    <div class="postbit_buttons author_buttons float_left">
            {$post['quick_quote']}
        {$post['quick_quote']}
        {$post['quick_quote']}
    {$post['iplogged']}{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}
    </div>
    <div class="postbit_buttons post_management_buttons float_right">
        {$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quickrestore']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_purgespammer']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}{$post['button_like']}
    </div>
</div>
</div>

As you can see here (http://community.mybb.com/thread-134747.html) my postbit file does not contain this line;

<td class="trow2 post_content {$unapproved_shade}">

(( ACP > Templates & Styles > Templates > [Theme Name] Templates > Postbit Templates > postbit ))

When I try to add the <td> line in it totally breaks the front end visual of a post, the other two plugins I have tried do not work either. I hope I explained it correctly, all I am trying to do is have my Administrator (Myself) and my Game Moderators posts come up in a specific color.
postbit
you can modify <div class="post {$unapproved_shade}" to add the group post style class
<div class="post post{$usergroup['gid']} {$unapproved_shade}"

postbit_classic
post{$usergroup['gid']} is already added and it should work
(2015-04-13, 01:22 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]postbit
you can modify <div class="post {$unapproved_shade}" to add the group post style class

<div class="post post{$usergroup['gid']} {$unapproved_shade}"

postbit_classic
post{$usergroup['gid']} is already added and it should work

Excellent, we have lift off. I have managed to get it to show on the front end, thanks for that. One more thing, how can it from this;

[Image: 8213b87a66c39d566ef80154c0b2c9f8.png]

To highlight the profile part at the top, and the edit buttons at the bottom if possible, thanks.
anybody?