MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Manually entering ban lengths or more ban lengths?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Being able to ban users for 1 hour (warning bans), 6 hours, 12 hours, etc. would be very nice/useful to my community.

I can't find any plugin that does this. Is there a simple and efficient solution?
Hopefully bumping a thread after 48 hours is okay?
To do such a think I think you'd need to edit multiple files. I'm not 100% sure as I've never tried this but I will work on it at some point today and if I get it working I'll make a public tutorial thread.
Is there truly no way to ban someone for less than 1 day?
the default ban system do not allow you to ban less than a day... however, you can try a workaround by creating a new warning level with the "Action to be taken" is specified as "Ban User" and mention the hours for which the member has to be banned... after that, simply warn the user with the required points as specified in the new warning level and he will be banned for the specified hours....
Thank you for that suggestion, mmadhankumar, however, we already use the warning system and our administration policy is different than the way warning bans work.

Is there any way a plugin or some code could be made to allow for shorter than a day bans?