MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with newly installed 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HELLO GUYS

Hello, before a week I installed the mybb 1.8.4 forum on a free hosting, just to test it out, after customizing a bit I notice that there's no board setting on the ACP. I changed the permissions of all the files to 777 but still... the problem exists. I've also tried re-installing the whole forum, but still nothing I cannot find the setting, general configurations. Yesterday, I bought a server from a hosting company thinking of this will resolve the problem, by installing it via the cpanel (softacoulous) but it's still the SAME as the free hosting!!!

Today, I tried out a hosting site which offers mybb 1.8.3 on their subdomain, I created an account and it's working like a charm. I'd like some precious help please.

P.S: can I downgrade my forum to 1.8.3 by replacing the files? (as like xenforo).
P.S2: I can only find the plugins settings, can't find the board one...
we prefer manual installation of MyBB. please see installation documentation

downgrading forum version is not easily possible and not recommended.
Firstly You can't Downgrade in Mybb From Newest Release to Oldest Release .

Check Admin Permissions Goto Acp Users & Groups >>>> Admin Permissions

set all options to yes .
Thank you both for your really quick answers, but they didn't help me solve the problem Sad anything else? I can pm you also my admin account if you to check it out, just tell me.
pm me your admin panel login detail i can check it .
(2015-04-13, 06:38 PM)iturdu Wrote: [ -> ]pm me your admin panel login detail i can check it .
I'd also like to add that I merged this forum with my old xenforo board.

Resolved by downgrading the forum to 1.8.3 (with merging the databases) thank you all!