MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SEOd URLS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just a thought. ive seen a mod which is in beta production that may e worth including i think that would really help with people converting to mybb
That modification depends on certain functionality of Apache - I don't know how well it works with other servers.
.htaccess is strictly an apache thing so it will only work on Apache.
As our system do.
I have no problems at all with Using the SEOed URL's at my forums.

In real it has increased my site's visibility in the search engines.
Since this was moved to the Included forum, does that mean MyBB won't support IIS?
If .htaccess isn't supported than SEO wont work.
laie_techie Wrote:Since this was moved to the Included forum, does that mean MyBB won't support IIS?

There's no way we'd drop support for a platform Wink

MyBB will run fine on IIS you just won't be able to use the SEO URL functionality - unless you purchase the IIS rewrite plugin (http://www.qwerksoft.com/products/iisrewrite/) and configure it to work with MyBB.
Looks like I mis-under stood the question. MyBB 1.4 (as chris stated) will run fine on all platforms we already support. You just might not be able to use x functionality depending on your settings.
I think the solution that Chris provided was good one for some ppl that using IIS
Pages: 1 2