MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Downgrading] 1.8.4 to 1.6 SQL Errors?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Just opened a thread about major plugin compatibility on 1.8.4 so I'm switching back to a 1.6 version. Not 100% sure which exact version I had. Now I'm getting the following mySQL errors, I really don't want to create a new forum </3. Hopefully my host can revert it, but I'm not sure. 

issue: 
[Image: oiZ8cR4.png]

Help?
Thanks
You cant downgrade from MyBB 1.8, you should have taken a backup of your forum before upgrading and you can get the plugins made compatible for MyBB 1.8.
I'm new here so I dont know if this issue has been hashed out before, so it should be noted:

All websites have TWO components that need to be backed up.
1. The site software files and directories.
2. The site database.

Each has its own username and password. The database login is set in config.php (or configure.php).

Its extremely important for the user to be able to access and use phpMyAdmin from the hosting site to import backup databases. Dont rely on the software for tis function.

MyBB is Linux software. While it runs on a Win machine fine - on linux some files are sensitive to permissions.
config.php should be at least 644, and settings 666 - though this seems to be debatable on the latter.
Uploading an unarchived backup from Win to Linux *will* putz up permissions - so these need to be checked against ACP> Tools & Maintenance (listings at bottom)

If you are running a site of any importance, especially if it has paying customers, you do not want to fiddle around with new plugins/mods/themes on someone elses dime.
Google XAMPP or WAMP and read the docs for the basics to install the website software locally on your own machine. With it, you can run as many versions as you want, even at the same time. Ideally you should be able to perfect a site locally and THEN upload it to the hosting sute - and change config.php as well as file permissions.
I have not done that with this software, but I have done it with others, so hopefully someone will chime in if other changes are needed.
(2015-04-18, 02:50 PM)Raees Wrote: [ -> ]You cant downgrade from MyBB 1.8, you should have taken a backup of your forum before upgrading and you can get the plugins made compatible for MyBB 1.8.

You can downgrade actually lol.

However, in order to downgrade it has to be done manually. To do this you have to compare tables and rebuild the database manually. 

It is 100% possible though Wink I won't lie though, it's a complete pain in the lime to do.