MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Post doesn't check referrer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
1. Done
2. Done (I put it to 20)
3. I banned his domain and emails before, now he's just making new gmail accounts each time
4. Banned his original IP, since then he's jumping through web proxies
5. See Above
6. How do I go about this?
7. Changed to 48
8. Done
9. I'd rather not, we get a lot of new members...
10. Done
I know it sounds odd, but would it be possible to add a filter that when a certain text string is part of a post then it is automatically deleted.

Because once the script is going, it just posts the same image and text in random threads untill I shut the board down
zaher1988 Wrote:Oh come on man, who reads your thread will believe that MyBB as a whole is a security crap!! are you sure all this is happening?
Trust me, it was happening. I was there while it was going on and watched it all unfold.
You should be able to alter the fonts simply by uploading new ones to /inc/captcha_fonts/ folder...make sure to delete the 2 in there and test afterwards it works.

I would try and get a couple funky fonts from dafont.com...

As for text string changing...you can use the word censor in admincp but that's as close as you can get without a plugin or code alterations.

Can you PM me the text this guy is posting? Also do you think this is a spammer or someone with a personal vendetta against you or your site? As far as I know mybb hasn't been exploited yet by spammers and it's scary to see you being attacked in this manner.
labrocca Wrote:You should be able to alter the fonts simply by uploading new ones to /inc/captcha_fonts/ folder...make sure to delete the 2 in there and test afterwards it works.

I would try and get a couple funky fonts from dafont.com...

As for text string changing...you can use the word censor in admincp but that's as close as you can get without a plugin or code alterations.

Can you PM me the text this guy is posting?  Also do you think this is a spammer or someone with a personal vendetta against you or your site?  As far as I know mybb hasn't been exploited yet by spammers and it's scary to see you being attacked in this manner.

I've added a badwords filter and I'm about to add more captcha fonts.

and the message body is just an image
http://www.laazy.com/pictures/squirrel.jpg

Vendetta? hm, well I've seen a couple of old accounts using the same email address (which I banned along with the others) which were flaming the Nintendo Wii. So it could just be a sony fanboy with too much time on their hands. Though the 2nd time he striked (the one that prompted me to create this thread) he wrote something along the lines of,

"Your admin is to blame, Not enough action was taken after my first wave. A few lines of code could have prevented me from running this code remote of your website, I hope you have fun clearing up after me and don't worry, It'll happen again if action isn't taken"

oh and a couple of suspect posts with the body "test" have been posted today, bumping the same threads he started with last time.

edit: it would seem the image has been removed from his server at the moment.
Yeah it's personal vendetta then...the worst kind because they tend to be persistent. That image link btw doesn't work for me.  Can you upload it here if it's not too offensive?  

Also is that site with the image your site or his? Because if it's his...you can immediately contact the FBI, his local police, his ISP, and his parents.  Make him wet his pants.

EDIT: Dude...you just posted that image WAS From his site.

"I am a student from the fine city of Oak Forest and I am a Junior at Carl Sandburg High School." and his name is Matt Jurik.  You want me to call his school pretending to be your Dad and f this kids world? I would so love to do it.  I can call his parents too...I hate stupid kids like this.  

Godaddy whois is down at the moment but heaven help this kid if he didn't guard his whois.  We should ALL call and ask to speak with his parents. I would think 20+ people calling to annoy them might get his attention. Also if you can send legal notices to Godaddy they will delete his domain.  GD really does that too. They will also charge him a fee for reading the legal letter. We are gonna rip this kid a new ahole.
heh, knock yourself out. and I realise it was his site. But I was hoping it would get to the point I could actually claim him as DoSing my site, then legal action could take place.

edit: I cant find a copy of my image, it was removed from my cache when I got a 404.

it was just a 500x500 childish MS paint drawing of a squirrel.
If he's making threats against you, thats a crime right there.
unfortunately, that post was lost with all of the others so I have only my word it was actually said.
D4rkDrago0n Wrote:But I was hoping it would get to the point I could actually claim him as DoSing my site, then legal action could take place.
It got pretty close to that when he was around.

And I think he'll be back again tonight. He came in and tested the water last night so I've got a feeling he's going to come back and just do the same thing he did before. And eventhough we know he's coming there isn't much we can do to try can stop his multiple accounts. We could maybe cut off a few but he'll just keep making more while going through more and more proxys and a multitude of IPs.
D4rkDrago0n Wrote:unfortunately, that post was lost with all of the others so I have only my word it was actually said.
We should keep an eye out for when he returns. This time if we catch him saying something stupid we can hold on to it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5