MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: installing MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
With the files extracted from the MyBB package, upload them whole to your web server. Usually the files are uploaded into a subdirectory called 'forums', 'forum', 'community' or 'mybb'.?
What I like to know please is: uploading the upload-files-folder aswel as the documentation folder to MyBB_forum or only the uploadfolder?
Only the contents of the Upload folder to whatever directory you want your forum in.

This should have been posted here by the way.
Or maybe no folders at all, only the files who are in the folders have to be uploaded to myBB_webforum?
Yeah that's right, the files within the Upload folder need to be uploaded to your forum directory on your webserver.
Moved to the Installation Help forum.
Thank you,
The html files etc. from the documentation folder have to go..... just to my website or do they have to go in the same subdirectory as my forum?
p911 Wrote:Thank you,
The html files etc. from the documentation folder have to go..... just to my website or do they have to go in the same subdirectory as my forum?

Hi,
The documentation folder does not have to be uploaded to your web server at all.
Thank you
what to do with the files in the documentation folder?
Read them if you need to, but otherwise you can delete them before uploading mybb to your server.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10