MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permissions Editing before Installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using a PC running XP.  I have downloaded MyBB and then umpacked it and UPLOADED it to my ISP server which is running Unix on an Apache system.
I created a directory one down from my root dir and named it forums.  The unpacked upload was loaded to the /forums sub dir.
In reading my installation instruction I see the need edit several file permissions as per following :
---------------------------------------------------------
FILE PERMISSIONS

Certain file permissions are required for MyBB to function correctly. Once you've uploaded your files you will need to set the permissions on certain files and directories.

** Before applying file permissions, rename config.default.php to config.php
*nix systems via CHMOD

If you have SSH access, you can apply the necessary permissions via the following command, executed from your root MyBB directory:

chmod 666 inc/config.php inc/settings.php
chmod 777 cache/ cache/themes/ uploads/ uploads/avatars/

Optionally, you can also apply the following permissions:

chmod 666 inc/languages/english/*.php inc/languages/english/admin/*.php
chmod 777 cache/ cache/themes/ uploads/ uploads/avatars/ admin/backups/

If you are using FileZilla you can right click on a file or directory and click File Attributes to modify the permissions of that file.
---------------------------------------------------------
AS LAST ITEM ABOVE..... How do I change these permissions using FILEZILLA --  I imagine I used file permissions ... if so what do I swith them to ?

Or otherwise what should I be doing..

Many thanks for help..
(2015-04-17, 10:33 AM)blognzone1 Wrote: [ -> ]How do I change these permissions using FILEZILLA --  I imagine I used file permissions ... if so what do I swith them to ?

Many thanks for help..

Right click on a folder or file and select "File Permissions" enter the value like 666/777 in the Numeric Value field and click OK...
(2015-04-17, 12:50 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-17, 10:33 AM)blognzone1 Wrote: [ -> ]How do I change these permissions using FILEZILLA --  I imagine I used file permissions ... if so what do I swith them to ?

Many thanks for help..

Right click on a folder or file and select "File Permissions" enter the value like 666/777 in the Numeric Value field and click OK...

Many thanks  mmadhankumar,,,,,, easy as that eh .... but now I understand.... Cheers Rolleyes