MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: It is "Topics" not "Threads"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to change the word: "Threads" to the word: "Topics"
I understand that forumdisplay.lang.php and global.lang.php flies contain the words needing this change.

My question is:
1) Where are the changes made through the ACP?
2) Will there be ill affects if I make the word changes in the language files off line and then upload them to the forum?
1. ACP -> Configuration -> Languages -> Options next to your language -> Edit Language Variables
2. I have no idea what you mean. Why would there be any "ill affects/effects"?
(2015-04-17, 04:23 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]1. ACP -> Configuration -> Languages -> Options next to your language -> Edit Language Variables
2. I have no idea what you mean. Why would there be any "ill affects/effects"?

2.  I don't understand the circumstances under which the forum writes to the database - theme creation is one circumstance - where I could construct/modify folders or files off-line in localhost and then upload them via FTP to the forum.

Can individual files be edited off-line and then uploaded to the forum? - Such as global.lang.php ?  Or global.css ?

(I find using a "search and replace" tool off line more efficient and safer.)

^ files can be edited offline and replaced at the files server. however css cannot be edited like files.

css content can be copied to a text editor, edited and replaced on the admin panel section to save it.
(2015-04-17, 05:38 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ files can be edited offline and replaced at the files server. however css cannot be edited like files.

css content can be copied to a text editor, edited and replaced on the admin panel section to save it.

Okay - that clears and confirms it.
1) To verify - changes made to any css  file done off line should be copied and pasted into the online ACP file editing section and saved.  Do not upload them to the server to overwrite the existing css file.

2) Changes made to any php file can be made off line and uploaded to the server to overwrite the existing php file?
yes. themes css should be saved through admin panel themes section.

some plugins use separate css files (eg. located in a subfolder of plugins folder)
- only such css files can be directly edited offline