MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Global.php Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi fellow myBB users.

So today... Today is the day... The day I decided to make an idiotic mistake..

I was going through my CPanel trying to fix up the URL and remove the /index.php and I made the mistake of accidentally deleting Global.php.

Many people I talked to just recently said that it's gone forever. Which sucks, honestly. My board was about to be released today.

Everything is still in the FTP though, is there really anything I can do on this matter? Can it be fixed or put back?

Thanks for the help,
Galantis Undecided
if any files are removed by mistake then they can be added back from MyBB files pack

if you have manually installed MyBB then you might be having MyBB files somewhere in your computer.
if you do not have the files pack then they are available from this site.

which version of MyBB you are using and can we have your forum url
I am using myBB 1.8.3 or 4, not too sure.

coderedgaming.com/

All it shows is a blank page. I am not too sure where or how to add whatever happened back as it was in CPanel.
global.php file exists. index.php file is missing for the forum & admin panel
you may PM me temporary access to files (FTP) to fix it
Yes, I for sure will. Thank you for this, almost turned my day upside down.
your forum is on MyBB 1.8.4 and files pack available at Download page
you can add upload/index.php file to the root folder of your forum (eg. public_html folder)
and upload/admin/index.php file to root folder/admin folder (eg. public_html/admin folder)

your forum should return to normal state after adding above two files. you should be able to log into forum admin panel

then you can run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel to find missing / changed files.
ignore files reported from install folder & its subfolders. you have to replace reported files from MyBB source files
pack
of your forum's version. (if you are using Google SEO plugin then do not replace ~/inc/functions.php file)