MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I'm trying to merge an IcyBoards MyBB 1.8 forum with a MyBB 1.8 forum.
Link: http://spamheaven.co
So, in the FTP, when uploading the files, there are these things that I'm confused about: The boards, language, logs, and resources directories in the MyBB 1.8 merge package. Where do I upload those files to??
And then there's index.php, loginconvert.php, and stylesheet.css. - where + how do I upload those?
Please help! I'm stuck!
have you got database backup from icyboards ?
merge folder with its contents needs to be uploaded to root folder of your MyBB files server (eg. public_html)
loginconvert.php file should be added to plugins folder of your MyBB forum
(2015-04-20, 05:14 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]have you got database backup from icyboards ?
merge folder with its contents needs to be uploaded to root folder of your MyBB files server (eg. public_html)
loginconvert.php file should be added to plugins folder of your MyBB forum

Yeah, I have the database backup. But where do I upload the other files (besides loginconvert.php) in the merge package to?
BUMPPP. Anyone?
The entire .zip file needs to be uploaded to your public_html. If you're using cpanel you can just upload the .zip and unzip it within. Basically in your root directory, there should be a merge folder. ALL of the files in that zip need to be in the folder called: merge
(2015-04-23, 12:57 AM)Sawedoff Wrote: [ -> ]The entire .zip file needs to be uploaded to your public_html. If you're using cpanel you can just upload the .zip and unzip it within. Basically in your root directory, there should be a merge folder. ALL of the files in that zip need to be in the folder called: merge

My root directory is /htdocs. However, /htdocs/merge does not exist, so where is this merge folder in the root directory? 

Okay, I need a lot of help. I don't get this at all. The merge documentation on the MyBB site isn't helping. Please help!
merge folder does not exist with default MyBB system - needs to be uploaded from the Merge package
(2015-04-30, 03:11 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]merge folder does not exist with default MyBB system - needs to be uploaded from the Merge package

Oh... everything just got so, so much clearer. I think I got it. 
Edit: Wow, this is so simple...

Okay, not so simple anymore. When I went to the merge wizard, it gave me a huge, very long list of errors.
...I did something wrong. So all I did was just take the merge folder from the package I downloaded and uploaded it to my root directory. I wasn't supposed to do that, was I...
Please help!

BUMP!
Please not bump a thread withing one hour, that's against our rules!

If you've installed MyBB in a folder named "forum" (or whatever) you need to upload the merge files to the folder "forum/merge" and then access the merge system by going to that subfolder (eg if you access the mybb forum via "http://mybb.example.com" you need to visit "http://mybb.example.com/merge/").

Also at least the first error would be helpfull as we only can guess what you made wrong when writing "Got a list of errors".
I have succesfully completed the merge. Now, I need to place loginconvert.php in the plugins folder?
Pages: 1 2