MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Got a few questions regarding MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of, I want to say hi to ya'll Big Grin

I have recently installed MyBB to test it out and there's some key features that I would need but I can't find out where n how to change/edit them. I'll list the questions that I have below in one and the same long thread to keep it "clean".

1. The reputation goes by default from -2 to +2, is it possible to change so that it's just -1, 0, +1?

2. Is it possible to make it so that some user profiles can't get reputation?

3. Is it possible to give "banners" to user profiles instead of the "(Junior Member)" etc?

4. Is it possible to remove the user stars from profiles for selected users?

There's a start, I'll probably come up with more later on..

Thanks in advance tho! Smile
1. reputation points number is based on group setting.
as an administrator you have it from -2 to +2 and regular members have +1 or -1

admin panel >> users & groups >> groups >> click on a group to edit >> Users and Permissions (tab)
--> Reputation System --> Points to Award / Take Away

2. as above, reputation is a group based privilege
admin panel >> users & groups >> groups >> click on a group to edit >> Users and Permissions (tab)
--> Reputation System
------ Show reputations for users in this group?
------ Can give reputations to users?

3. admin panel >> users & groups >> groups >> click on a group to edit >> General --> Group Image

4. admin panel >> users & groups >> groups >> click on a group to edit >> General --> User Stars
Holy mother of god, that was a fast reply. Thanks! Big Grin
I actually took a look at those things but didn't think that they were for these "functions" tho. I'll look in to it later on this evening n test it so I'll get back to you later on.

I actually would have one more question that comes to mind, what's the most secure authentication (id verification) besides from web-bank logins? -I'm building a site that should be open for all but yet restricted so that the same person couldn't make several accounts and so on... got any suggestions on this?

...and filling in one more question: Is it possible to do so that an admin/mod has to accept new registered members before they can actually use ze forumz?