MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sitemap and tags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello MyBB Group.

I have a suggestion for MyBB 2.0 It is the google sitemap and tag (keyword) to support better seo.

Thank.
As per my knowledge , mybb 2.0 will be SEO friendly . as they already confirm .

(2011-07-24, 09:17 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]So we can just have one post of what's confirmed and not have a bunch of duplicated.  Please don't use this thread for suggestions.  If I do miss something though please do let me know and I'll add it.

• A framework will be used (was originally going to be Yii but doesn't seem to be the case anymore).
  • Twig will be the template engine. (Not sure if this will be effected by the framework change or not)
  • 2.0 will use jquery(also used by yii as default js library).
  • SEO friendly Url(as yii already provides easy way to do this).
  • A WYSIWYG editor will be included with the option of disabling at the admin and user levels.
  • A new theme
    -Will include css based buttons
  • An API will be available to make integration easier.
  • Improved User CP
  • Conversation PMs
  • New Profiles
    -Including profile comments
  • Mobile Functionality
  • There will be modal boxes in 2.0 as Matt wrote in this post.
  • Threaded mode will be removed.
Off the top of my head that's all I can think of that has been said to be for sure so far.  Again, if I missed something let me know Wink(Please provide a link to the staff members post).
tags would be a welcomed feature, for sure...help bring the forum into the 21st century. Big Grin
I don't think topic tags will be a core feature, but I do think it's very likely that we'll quickly see a plugin for it released.

Concerns:
- Not needed for all boards
- Performance/DB space for BBOs
- Extra queries for thread info, most likely
(2015-04-20, 10:44 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think topic tags will be a core feature, but I do think it's very likely that we'll quickly see a plugin for it released.

Concerns:
- Not needed for all boards
- Performance/DB space for BBOs
- Extra queries for thread info, most likely

it's rare that I visit a forum these days that doesn't have topic tags..unless it's a mybb forum, of course.   Sad

if anything, there should be an option to disable them in the admin cp if a forum owner feels they're not necessary.
tags should be handled by plugin, not in core
(2015-04-21, 03:13 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]tags should be handled by plugin, not in core

why?
(2015-04-21, 03:58 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-21, 03:13 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]tags should be handled by plugin, not in core

why?

because not need...
Use more resource of server (more query).
And not help in google seo rank. Google not use anymore meta keyword tags since 2009. http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.j...a-tag.html

Sitemap of threads is good for me
Sitemaps will be included, as will meta tags. There will be no thread tags (like the tags found in WordPress when creating blog posts) in the core, as MyBB aims to be a forum software, rather than a content management system. However, it will be extremely easy to add tags via a plugin
(2015-04-21, 07:12 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Sitemaps will be included, as will meta tags. There will be no thread tags (like the tags found in WordPress when creating blog posts) in the core, as MyBB aims to be a forum software, rather than a content management system. However, it will be extremely easy to add tags via a plugin

that's unfortunate to hear.  we'll see what happens when 2.0 is released though.   Sleepy
Pages: 1 2