MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make a translation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have done some research and found only one translation for Finnish, however it's made for MyBB 1.6 so there's missing content. I wanted to ask how could I make a new translation setup? -can I just grab the english.php and the "english" folder and start translating or how is it done? (...\inc\languages)

Also once I'm done with it all would you want it posted somewhere so that others can use it too or..?
Thanks! Gotta look in to that, saw that there's a few psd files there too...that kinda sucks since I don't have photoshop. Any suggestions on that?
^ MyBB 1.8 series uses css buttons with image icons and there should be no need to use PhotoShop
(2015-04-20, 04:55 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ MyBB 1.8 series uses css buttons with image icons and there should be no need to use PhotoShop

Oh yeah sorry, my bad, I started by reading the MyBB 1.6 translation Toungue

[EDIT]
Even tho, in the 1.8 version there's no "template" to go on. Is there any place to dig up such a thing? Smile
@Chride2k8

In myBB 1.8 there are new language editor which you may use to create any translation.

Its enought to
1. copy english.php file (located in inc/languages) to your computer,
2. change its name from english.php to your language name (eg. french.php)
3. change its content with notepad (theres comments inside)
4. save this file to inc/languages.

At this moment you may use myBB 1.8 build in language editor to create your language pack,
(chose your language then - edit it with english as comparision / source )
Any missing file or folder will be created for you.

You should remember that editor will create for you only files that you allready edited and saved,
therefore its much more safe to copy whole english translation folder and its files then translate it to your language,
to avoid situation where in case of testing unfinished translation you could find errors like "xyz file not found".
@avril - I'll try that via myBB n if it fails I'll come n cri to you Big Grin
(2015-04-20, 05:48 PM)Chride2k8 Wrote: [ -> ]@avril - I'll try that via myBB (...)

Make sure to read what i typed in bold tekst above.
(2015-04-20, 05:08 PM)Chride2k8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-20, 04:55 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ MyBB 1.8 series uses css buttons with image icons and there should be no need to use PhotoShop

Oh yeah sorry, my bad, I started by reading the MyBB 1.6 translation Toungue

[EDIT]
Even tho, in the 1.8 version there's no "template" to go on. Is there any place to dig up such a thing? Smile

Hi, Chride2k8

Any progress at this...?
I could take one copy of Finnish language also.

At this point I'm struggling between phpbb and MyBB...
And actually, even a basic "Blog" would be enough to my e-commerce site to make announcements and updates.
But I would prefer a BB to create more conversation with my clients (Community)