MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subscribed forum emails not being received.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I have installed version 1.8 of MyBB. It is set to php mail, thought I also tried SMTP. Both ways, PHP mail and SMTP work perfectly when someone registers. The emails go out successfully. However when subscribing to a forum or a thread no email notifications are going out when a post occurs.

I have checked the logs in the admin CP, but none of the logs list any activity other than the administrator log that is not showing any email notes.

Even though both PHP mail and SMTP are sending out new registration emails, neither will send out subscription emails. It is currently set back to PHP mail.

The forum can be seen at the below URL, though that won't help anyone with an anser:
http://www.knightschessclub.org/forum/

I would appreciate any direction.
Make sure that the Mass Mail task is enabled. Also check this thread: community.mybb.com/thread-167827.html
(2015-04-21, 08:30 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure that the Mass Mail task is enabled. Also check this thread: community.mybb.com/thread-167827.html

Thank you for your reply. I checked and found that the Mass Mail task is enabled. Sadly I did not find anything at the link provided that would help. The main issue there seeming to be a delay in sending whereas on my board there are no subscriber emails being received at all. Funny that the new registration emails go out fine.
Also check when that task was last executed and try to execute it manually by clicking on the icon.
The task is currently running every 15 minutes. No errors are being reported in the System Mail log. I did try running the task manually a few times but no effect.