MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHPBB 3.1.3 to MYBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings Mybb folks!

I have a fairly large phpbb forum updated to the latest forum code which I am beginning to renovate and promote after leaving it to become over-run with virtual tumbleweeds. I have never been a major fan of phpbb, yet it has served its purpose quite well and now I am pondering a change. To MYBB.

I have a few questions which I would be grateful for anyone answering...

1. Is the conversion generally a trouble free and simple process?

2. Would the users be ported over with their usernames and passwords and attachments included?

3. Does MyBB scale automatically for smart phone access?

Cheers,

TDF

PS. My present forum is found at Present forum in phpbb. One of the major reasons to convert is an ongoing problem since updating phpbb with smart phone access which nobody seems able to solve!
1. yes
2. can't guarantee about passwords & attachments Sad
3. No. responsive theme needs to be installed

I'd suggest to browse topics with phpBB in title at merge section
It may prove rather tricky if the registered users cannot access the site...or is there a way round this, such as once installed and merged, sending a mass email to every registered member with instructions of how to retrieve their password? I assume that registered users will be given a new password? And I will follow your lead to the merge section.

Many thanks Mr M
Passwords and Attachments are properly converted if you use the development version.