MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reset the Database Forum FID creation #?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was trying to create a "secret" board by changing the URL in phpMyAdmin, and I had some issues with it, so I deleted them.

When I tried to create a new forum as a test, it seems the autoincrease value got changed to the value I had edited (which happened to be the largest value available).

Therefore, no more forums could be created, since it reached the max value. Does someone know what table I need to edit to "restart" the value (like if the last created forum was 60, I need MyBB to make 61 the next fid used)?

I'd assume this is a quick MySQL fix, but I dunno where to look to do it.
this "max value" your talking about; Is it MySQL's auto_increment, or some limit by your host?
Tikitiki Wrote:this "max value" your talking about; Is it MySQL's auto_increment, or some limit by your host?

I think it's the auto_increment.

See, if I create a new forum, it has the maximum value a FID can have. If I make another, it'll give an error, because it reached the max value.

I guess when I messed around, I accidentally set the auto_increment to 63533 (something close to that).
In phpmyadmin:
ALTER TABLE `{tablename}` AUTO_INCREMENT = 61
That will set the auto_increment to 61 (change the table name obviously) so the next item added to the table will have the value 61.
That did it. Thanks. Smile

(BTW, it actually makes the next value ONE more than what the value is set to. So, it would make the next fid 62, not 61.)
Soshite Wrote:(BTW, it actually makes the next value ONE more than what the value is set to. So, it would make the next fid 62, not 61.)
My mistake Toungue