MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blue Velvet Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2015-05-02, 09:39 AM)Tanja S Wrote: [ -> ]Hello I lack Top Home Forum and Members

The same I said before, install the plugin that comes with the theme.
Very decent and sort of professional look theme. With a little customization in color in can be useful for multiple reasons.
I feel too small, and can I make myself bigger? I tried looking around in global.css and BlueVelvet.css, but I can't find it. Even though I thought I found it and changed the width of the theme, it remains. Where is it?

Also, is it possible to use sidebar in this theme? I mean, use table for sidebar and all.
fantastic .. thank you that's really great work i loved the colors
Why am I seeing this: http://prntscr.com/74lofa
How do I create threads with this theme? No create new thread button...
Edit: NVM. Found it.
First of all I would like to thank you for such a nice theme.

I need some help, Could you please help me out with those:

1) I would like to add social link icons on one of the places marked with black circle, not both, just one of those options.

2) I want to add facebook, twitter and g1 icons ( share for index page and like boxes for comments in threads) on one of the places marked with red circles, not both, just one of those options. Also I want to do the same in each member posts in a thread.

3)  Lastly, I would like to change the color of each boxes marked with blue circle, for example , red for home box, green for forum box etc.

[Image: syZCyxB.png]
(2015-06-08, 07:29 AM)kunt Wrote: [ -> ]First of all I would like to thank you for such a nice theme.

1) I would like to add social link icons on one of the places marked with black circle, not both, just one of those options.

2) I want to add facebook, twitter and g1 icons ( share for index page and like boxes for comments in threads) on one of the places marked with red circles, not both, just one of those options. Also I want to do the same in each member posts in a thread.

3)  Lastly, I would like to change the color of each boxes marked with blue circle, for example , red for home box, green for forum box etc.

First of all, I'm sorry but the support I give here is only for the theme, not for addons.

1 and 2, are things you can achieve with plugins or using font awesome icons and point them with a link to your social networks, but you cant simply add icons there, you need to change a lot of things in order to put that as you want.

3) Again, you need to change a lot of code to do that. The menu uses an unordered list of elements, that mean each element have the same "settings". If you want to colour each one of them, you need to add a unique ID for every element, and style them. Again, it's an addon, time back I put the code here, but nowadays I only give support if you have an error with the theme, sorry.
(2015-06-13, 07:21 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-08, 07:29 AM)kunt Wrote: [ -> ]First of all I would like to thank you for such a nice theme.

First of all, I'm sorry but the support I give here is only for the theme, not for addons.

1 and 2, are things you can achieve with plugins or using font awesome icons and point them with a link to your social networks, but you cant simply add icons there, you need to change a lot of things in order to put that as you want.

3) Again, you need to change a lot of code to do that. The menu uses an unordered list of elements, that mean each element have the same "settings". If you want to colour each one of them, you need to add a unique ID for every element, and style them. Again, it's an addon, time back I put the code here, but nowadays I only give support if you have an error with the theme, sorry.

Thank you for your answer.

If i only change the colour of hover effect in 3, Would that be possible without any hard work?

Also Could you please tell me if there is any problem regarding licence breach of other commercial forum company? this theme looks similar to one of those licenced scripts.
(2015-06-18, 08:48 AM)kunt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-13, 07:21 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you for your answer.

If i only change the colour of hover effect in 3, Would that be possible without any hard work?

Also Could you please tell me if there is any problem regarding licence breach of other commercial forum company? this theme looks similar to one of those licenced scripts.

Sure, it's quite easy to change the hover effect of the menu, simply go to ACP > Templates & Styles > Styles > BlueVelvet > Open BlueVelvet.css

Inside, search this:

.menu ul li a:hover, .menu ul li a:active {
	background: rgb(234,230,227); /* Old browsers */
	background: -moz-linear-gradient(top,  rgba(234,230,227,1) 0%, rgba(223,219,217,1) 100%); /* FF3.6+ */
	background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,rgba(234,230,227,1)), color-stop(100%,rgba(223,219,217,1))); /* Chrome,Safari4+ */
	background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top,  rgba(234,230,227,1) 0%,rgba(223,219,217,1) 100%); /* Chrome10+,Safari5.1+ */
	background: -o-linear-gradient(top,  rgba(234,230,227,1) 0%,rgba(223,219,217,1) 100%); /* Opera 11.10+ */
	background: -ms-linear-gradient(top,  rgba(234,230,227,1) 0%,rgba(223,219,217,1) 100%); /* IE10+ */
	background: linear-gradient(to bottom,  rgba(234,230,227,1) 0%,rgba(223,219,217,1) 100%); /* W3C */
	filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#eae6e3', endColorstr='#dfdbd9',GradientType=0 ); /* IE6-9 */
	box-shadow: inset 0 1px 0 0 #FAFAFA;
	color: #00acde;
}

The menu use a gradient color combination made by CSS3, if you want to use a gradient, I recommend to create the same at ColorZilla.

If you don't want a gradient, simply delete this:

background: rgb(234,230,227); /* Old browsers */
	background: -moz-linear-gradient(top,  rgba(234,230,227,1) 0%, rgba(223,219,217,1) 100%); /* FF3.6+ */
	background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,rgba(234,230,227,1)), color-stop(100%,rgba(223,219,217,1))); /* Chrome,Safari4+ */
	background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top,  rgba(234,230,227,1) 0%,rgba(223,219,217,1) 100%); /* Chrome10+,Safari5.1+ */
	background: -o-linear-gradient(top,  rgba(234,230,227,1) 0%,rgba(223,219,217,1) 100%); /* Opera 11.10+ */
	background: -ms-linear-gradient(top,  rgba(234,230,227,1) 0%,rgba(223,219,217,1) 100%); /* IE10+ */
	background: linear-gradient(to bottom,  rgba(234,230,227,1) 0%,rgba(223,219,217,1) 100%); /* W3C */
	filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#eae6e3', endColorstr='#dfdbd9',GradientType=0 ); /* IE6-9 */

And add a new background property with the color you want (Like red):

background: #FF0000;

The only credits of the theme goes to Eric J. for being the original creator of the design, for me to re-design and finish the theme, and also the credits for MyBB Forum Software and MyBB Team. You have more info. about the licence in the .zip file.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6