MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Setting Redirects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I installed a theme on my website and it look's like it is working, but there is a slight problem when making new posts, When your typing the post up you get no text showing unless you highlight it

Im not really great at explaining problem's, if you go to the site at www.theexoudusguild.co.uk and sign up and try and make a new post then you will see what i mean. Bassicly i think its because the text colour is white when making the post causing it to blend in with the background of the post box.

any help would be greatly appreciated
Go to AdminCP > Themes > Modify/Delete > *your theme*

Scroll down to "Form Elements" and on the right side under that heading you'll see "Textareas" along with a box for entering both the background color and the text color. Make sure they're not the same. If you have a white background, then the "Background" box should read #FFFFFF and the "Font color" box should read #000000. If this isn't what you see, fix it.
Galen Wrote:Go to AdminCP > Themes > Modify/Delete > *your theme*

Scroll down to "Form Elements" and on the right side under that heading you'll see "Textareas" along with a box for entering both the background color and the text color. Make sure they're not the same. If you have a white background, then the "Background" box should read #FFFFFF and the "Font color" box should read #000000. If this isn't what you see, fix it.
Perfect, thanks very much.
Ok, I now have another Issue, I want to set a couple of redirects to Parts of my site that are within my domain, but not within the forum itself, E.g I have a gallery, roster and raid Calendar which i would like to be accesible.

When I try to use the redirect function in Admin Cp > Manage Forums > Forum I want > Edit It automaticly puts www.MYDOMAIN.co.uk/forum in froNt of whatever i type, Meaning I cant put the roster on as it is at www.mydomain.co.uk/roster

I have tried setting redirects in Cpanel to try and get around this problem, but It redirects all of my forums to the same place
Forum Link under Manager forums is always empty and you fill in the link to be redirected to. Can you elaborate abit about the automic adding of that link mentioned above everywhere you type?
Bassicly, when i try to add a link say, Linking it to www.mydomain.co.uk/roster in the magae forums part i get www.mydomain.co.uk/forum/www.mydomain.co.uk/roster instead
It doesn't do this for me.
What version are you using?
Also make sure that the link you are adding is full, including http://
Im on the lastest version, Will need to check later to see if it is what you suggested, Server has went down on mine
And thats working, I wasn't putting the http:// in before it, thanks again