MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: user cannot login after reset password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi,

i got a few number of users who cannot login after they reset their password.

1. i checked the cookies setting - OK

2. i tried to change the user password through admin CP - password changed but user cannot login - still got wrong password message, reset password link

3. i tried manually change via SQL using salt='' - user still cannot login - got wring password message

Previously i upgraded from 1.8.3 to 1.8.4.

my forum: http://malaysianbikers.com.my/forum

what could go wrong?

help is much appreciated.
cookie domain should be .malaysianbikers.my - Edit: hmm., ignore this

And as you set cookie domain should be .malaysianbikers.com.my

see also cookie settings guidance
but my domain is malaysianbikers.com.my

i use the cookie generator as attachedĀ 
[attachment=34200]

however, i tried change it as you suggested, but still cannot login - got this error message:

Please correct the following errors before continuing:
You have entered an invalid username/password combination.

If you have forgotten your password please retrieve a new one.

untill now, those who reset their password cannot login, even after i changed their password through Admin CP.
I registered as "test pass" and the password reset worked for me without any problem - a correct password was emailed, I can login with it. Have you tried checking it yourself with your/new account? I guess the user who reported it is doing something wrong.
Now that's weird.
i did change test pass password from admin CP. And try to login as test pass - all ok.

Previously even before u replied, i did the same thing (change the user pwd in ACP) and it didnt work.

does it has anything to do with settings.php file permission? bcoz i chmod settings.php to 666

Ok, i did try again with this 2 users login. Change the pwd in the ACP. Then try login using that user name but cannot - wrong paswd mesg.

How can i check what's wrong with the account?
(2015-04-23, 01:48 PM)zek Wrote: [ -> ]does it has anything to do with settings.php file permission? bcoz i chmod settings.php to 666

I doubt, but it should be writable regardless of this issue. Why did you change it? Have you also changed other file permissions?
i changed it to 666 because i follow the cookie tutorial

previously i think it was 774.

currently i have 2 users which even after i changed their password via ACP, they still cannot login - incorrect password.

any idea where should i check?

from mysql, the passwordconverttype is smf2 (i migrated from smf2 to mybb)

does this got something to do with the problem?
(2015-04-24, 01:12 AM)zek Wrote: [ -> ]
does this got something to do with the problem?

Well, yes, this is one of the first things you should have mentioned.

Take a look at this sticky: http://community.mybb.com/thread-169207.html
previous version 1.4

i've updated 1.4.1 and it solved the problem.

thank you.

p/s: i did search before post this posting, but couldn't find any post related.
(2015-04-25, 03:31 PM)zek Wrote: [ -> ]previous version 1.4

i've updated 1.4.1 and it solved the problem.

Is it as simple as ACTIVATING this new version 1.4.1 in PLUGINS? I don't have to run any commands or anything like that? (Same issue here: users can't reset passwords).
Pages: 1 2