MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Which one to choose for my forum - phpBB or myBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have searched them on Google and some PHP resource sites like http://phpmatters.com/. But still, I'm confused among them. Any suggestion for me?
You probably shouldn't ask on the MyBB Community forums whether to choose mybb or a different forum software.
I think phpBB has improved on a lot of the things I disliked when I used it back in the 3.0.8ish days. I don't think you can really go wrong here. Set up a demo of each and play with them to see which feels more intuitive to you. Try installing a new theme, plugin, etc. Create some dummy accounts and play with permissions and moderation options, as well.

Either one will be able to move to MyBB 2.0, which will look pretty awesome Wink.
From my experience, phpbb tends to use more resources quickly. I always had trouble with sql connections maxing out when I used shared hosting with phpbb. Not so much with MyBB (though I know people who did). On VPS it won't matter as much (thought I had issues with the beta of the new phpbb prior to it coming out and performance on my vps while MyBB 1.8 worked nicely right out of the box).