MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: tag users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2016-12-04, 07:25 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]And what about when a user changes their name and then another user takes it?

We could probably ignore that case. Hell, even Twitter ignores it. The main goal (in my view) of tagging users is for it to be easier to integrate reply posts with the notifications system to tell other people that they were mentioned and that they should check out a thread again (instead of forgetting about it and never returning, as many do).
(2016-12-05, 12:34 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-04, 07:25 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]And what about when a user changes their name and then another user takes it?

We could probably ignore that case. Hell, even Twitter ignores it. The main goal (in my view) of tagging users is for it to be easier to integrate reply posts with the notifications system to tell other people that they were mentioned and that they should check out a thread again (instead of forgetting about it and never returning, as many do).

my thoughts exactly.

the tagging system is useful to remind someone that they've been alerted within a thread. what if you want to alert someone other than the person you're directly quoting in a reply? you can tag them! I find it especially useful on larger forums where a lot of things are changing often.
any news with this feature?
Would be really nice to do this without plugins.
This is planned for a future release, possibly MyBB 1.10.
Pages: 1 2