MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stop other staff from deleting logs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to stop moderators and so on from deleting logs? 

Reason for asking one of my staff changed theme setting from responsive to non responsive and deleted logs. I wish to keep an eye on who did it. 

p.s is there a way to find out who deleted the last log? i really need to find out
Set your admin permissions and untick the options to manage the logs. As for finding out who deleted the logs, there is no way to find out who deleted the last log I don't think. The pruning of logs is just a simple SQL Query via the ACP which deletes the logs table contents.
deleting logs through admin panel is recorded and shown in the admin logs
Quote:admin |------| Yesterday, 07:12 AM |------| Pruned 12 administrator logs older than 30 days
(2015-04-25, 04:49 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]deleting logs through admin panel is recorded and shown in the admin logs

Quote:admin |------|  Yesterday, 07:12 AM |------| Pruned 12 administrator logs older than 30 days

Its not showing more than 2 days anyways thanks as long as it doesnt happen again

(2015-04-25, 03:11 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]Set your admin permissions and untick the options to manage the logs. As for finding out who deleted the logs, there is no way to find out who deleted the last log I don't think. The pruning of logs is just a simple SQL Query via the ACP which deletes the logs table contents.

Thanks, but its the moderators that I'm concerned on Admin is only me so no issue there.
^ who can log into your forum admin panel ?
moderators by default can not enter into admin panel & they can not change the theme - nor they can delete logs
(2015-04-25, 07:30 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ who can log into your forum admin panel ?
moderators by default can not enter into admin panel & they can not change the theme - nor they can  delete logs

I had set them as super moderators.

Also i had this option "can manage website" is that no good to have it ticked? It was set for everyone including banned and registered auto set. 
^ where do you have this option => "can manage website"
in user persmission in user groups
^ that option should be Can change website? and users can change their own website which is shown with their profile & posts.