MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Using the portal template for a custom page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How do I keep everything on the portal page (I've copied over all the templates and all for my new page(s) but with the php file, which bit is for the announcement box, that takes up the main space. Because I want to use that kind of table (with the same template) but with my own writing instead.

So what bits to I need to change for me to customise it to what I want?
Read here
But isn't that code modified in the templates? Not the php file...
Yes.. don't you use the templates for your new page?
Ye, I've got the template all okay, I just need to figure out which parts I need to modify in the php file.

Like so far I've just copied and pasted the whole portal file, however don't I need to rid of the 'annoucement' bit code in the php file?
You can simply remove {$announcements} from the portal template.
I did that, but theres not change. It takes the exact same look as the portal page
This should remove the announcements from the portal page.Are you using duplicated templates ? or have you got more than 2 template sets?
My 'New Page' template:

<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings[bbname]}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
{$welcome}
{$pms}
{$search}
{$stats}
{$whosonline}
{$latestthreads}
<br />
<table width="100%" border="0">
<thead>
<tr>
<th>New Page</th>
</tr>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td><table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
    <tr>
    <td class="trow1">Something here</td>
      </tr>
  </table>
<br /><td>
      </tr>
</tbody>
</table>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

And the php is a copy and past of the portal.php
If this is a new template made by you then you need to change something in the portal.php.

in portal.php you need to change portal (not $portal) in
eval("\$portal = \"".$templates->get("portal")."\";");
to the name of the new template.
Pages: 1 2 3