MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Archive pages not liked by Google if seen from Mobile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I have just discovered from Webmaster Tools that Google doesn't like the archive pages.
You can see an example here:
http://www.autosvezzamento.it/forum/arch...93-25.html

My theme is "My responsive" which otherwise works a treat, so no problems on "ordinary" pages but how can I fix the archive? Is it something that is done at theme level?
(and yes, I have already contacted the developer)

TIA
If you have a responsive theme, why are you using archive pages? They're outdated and not needed (you can remove the folder and link(s)).
Oh, I see... Actually I never liked them, but they were there and never done anything about it thinking that they had to be there...

Can you please clarify what I need to do? Also I will have to tell Webmaster tools that they are not there anymore.
Either remove the whole folder and links to it as I mentioned above or block the whole folder in robots.txt:
Disallow: /archive/
I see.. Thanks Smile
I wasn't sure if I had to do both (and also I need to put a request in Google Webmaster Tool).

So these days "archive" doesn't serve any real purpose... I have to say, whenever I searched my forum, I always felt disappointed when I landed in an "archive" page Smile

I take it that "archive" appears only in the footer and nowhere else. Is there a way to check it?

The only place I could find the link to the "archive" section is "Footer templates/footer" Is there any other template that might contain it?