MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users Can't Register - Won't Accept Username
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, so the problem I'm having is pretty much stated in the thread title.  User's can't register.  When you enter a username it stays red, no matter the name you choose.  The other fields work fine, even captcha is accepted.  I can also create users manually just fine through the admin panel, so not sure what's going on.

Appreciate any help on this!

[attachment=34208]
Could we get your forum URL? Check your plugins also. I remember having a similar problem. Feel free to list your plugins in your next response.
I only have one plugin installed, Miuna Shoutbox. url is (removed).
exactly which version of MyBB you are using ?
run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel to find missing / changed files.
ignore files reported from install folder & its subfolders. you have to replace reported files from MyBB source files
pack
of your forum's version. (if you are using Google SEO plugin then do not replace ~/inc/functions.php file)
(2015-04-26, 05:23 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]exactly which version of MyBB you are using ?
run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel to find missing / changed files.
ignore files reported from install folder & its subfolders. you have to replace reported files from MyBB source files
pack
of your forum's version. (if you are using Google SEO plugin then do not replace ~/inc/functions.php file)

Using the latest 1.8.
Seems like only a couple of files popped up... not sure if it's just taking a long time, but it's been about 15 minutes, and only the two came up.

jscripts/general.js Changed
jscripts/sceditor/editor_themes/modern.css Changed

The general.js, i'm pretty sure that hasn't been changed... I may have opened it and closed it without editing, so MAYBE that could have corrupted it?  
The modern.css, I changed quite a bit.  

Could it be general.js?

[attachment=34209]
^ yes, replace general.js file from MyBB files pack
(2015-04-26, 05:49 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ yes, replace general.js file from MyBB files pack

Okay, just did it, but it didn't fix the problem. I reran verification, and general.js disappeared from the list, leaving just modern.css, which I doubt would cause the problem. I've only just changed colors here and there.
^ just now I was able to register on your forum (delete user with id=7)
(2015-04-26, 06:18 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ just now I was able to register on your forum (delete user with id=7)

Yes, was just about to post a "scratch that, it works." Wink Thanks for the help! Once I cleared my browser cache, it worked.