MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems with Google SEO: might be that site's Board URL has "www" which I don't use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying to get to a solution for Google SEO for days now... I had a coder looking at it, but he gave up today.

I went through the whole process myself, but whenever I enable the plugin, things go wrong.

I think it comes because while I use http://crypto.country/forum, settings.php has a 'bburl' value of www.crypto.country instead of crypto.country. I think... : ) Other variables all have "www" in them too.

So now my question is: how to change Board URL for MyBB 1.8.4 from www.crypto.country/forum to crypto.country/forum? Direct editing of settings.php gave blank pages, so that was no good ;p

I went to Admin CP - Configuration - Settings - General Settings (as advised in other posts) but there is no option to change my BoardURL. Even when it's not the problem for Google SEO, I'd still like to clean this mess up... I don't like the www-part very much to begin with Smile

(and just for clarification: I put the .htaccess file in /public_html/, not /public_html/forum/...)

All help once more greatly appreciated Smile

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius
admin panel >> configuration (settings) >> site details >> Board URL
if you have www in the board url then remove it
Thank you again, my friend. That was rather easy too... I'm surprised how hard it is to google some stuff for MyBB 1.8 : )

Back to Google SEO Sad