MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fatal Error 1.6.0 to 1.8.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When trying to access my admin panel, the following message appears on top of a blank page...

Fatal error: Call to undefined method pluginSystem::run_hooks_by_ref() in /forums/admin/modules/myshowcase/module_meta.php on line 31
  • I deactivated all plugins before upgrade.
  • I can't access admin panel.(ISSUE)
  • Why are all my code edits the same...shouldn't upgrading start templates over?(ISSUE)
open that file through file manager at web host panel or an editor like notepad++ [NOT Windows NotePad]
and change run_hooks_by_ref with run_hooks - and save the file & check if it fixes referred issue
That worked!

And just one more general question (so I understand correctly) in regards to updating our forums...so our templates are not changed?

Quote:Why are all my code edits the same...shouldn't upgrading start templates over?(ISSUE)

I have heavily modified templates and they all appear to be there, is it on a "per theme" basis, since my previous theme is still up and running?

I was biting my fingernails thinking that all template edits are lost after running the upgrade script?
MyBB upgrade system doesn't do changes to the edits in the templates
if changes were done in MyBB source php files then obviously they will be lost during the upgrade
(2015-04-27, 04:23 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB upgrade system doesn't do changes to the edits in the templates
if changes were done in MyBB source php files then obviously they will be lost  during the upgrade

That's what I needed to know, thanks.