MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Centering my navigation bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I am trying to center my navigation bar on my website and everything I have tried isn't working.

Link to website: http://endofdayz.org/mybb/
Image of navigation bar: http://puu.sh/hu1pf/0de0fa4c50.png

I have no idea whether I should edit the HTML/CSS code so if you can include a full description that would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
Lewis
Try Themes > The theme you are using > global.css > #logo ul.top_links

In Extra CSS Attributes have

text-align: center;
(2015-04-28, 08:24 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]Try Themes > The theme you are using > global.css > #logo ul.top_links

In Extra CSS Attributes have

This didn't work, any other suggestions? 
for #menu li remove float: left; and change display: block; to display: inline-block;
and for #menu add margin: 0 auto; text-align: center;

#menu {
margin: 0 auto; 
#menu li {
display: inline-block;
display: inline; /* for IE 7 */
 /* float: left; */
(2015-04-29, 07:25 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]for #menu li remove float: left; and change display: block; to display: inline-block;
and for #menu add margin: 0 auto; text-align: center;

#menu {
margin: 0 auto; 
#menu li {
display: inline-block;
display: inline; /* for IE 7 */
 /* float: left; */

Hello the only menu code I have in my CSS file is this

#header ul.menu {

margin: 0px auto;
padding: 0;
list-style: none;
border-radius: 25px;
}

#header ul.menu li {
display: inline;
padding: 13px;
border-right: 1px solid #2B2B2B;
border-radius: 25px;
}

This edits the section on the top with "log out" "user CP" etc.
^ are you using different themes for guests & members ?
(2015-04-29, 08:58 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ are you using different themes for guests & members ?
No, i'm pretty sure I am not
see this image
you have #menu & #menu li at the bottom of global.css (may be modified global.css)

anyway, whatever it is, you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel to check it
@EndOfDayZ just scroll down global.css or use the search option (Ctrl+F) to find #menu (it is found after .jqi .jqiarrowrb).... and do the changes as said in Post#5 by .m.
Hello, the navigation bar is no centered, thank you however before home there isn't a thin grey line to differ the "Home" button to the rest of the navigation bar. Could you explain how to fix this.
Thanks,
Lewis
Pages: 1 2