MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: new user, few questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, im the new user of mybb script ( and its my first forum also).
Few noob questions if you dont mind:

How do i change header, it says MyBB and i want it to say my forum name. Only way is to design new header? Im not good at design so i will ask somebody to design it for me, so question is- what is the size of header (height*lenght)?

I see by default is reputation thing added- how does it work? admin adds reputation to users or it depends on post count?

Is there points mod for mybb? i mean for 1 post you get 5 points or forum cash or whatever.

I know some scripts has opportunity not to let users add signature untill they reach X amount of posts. Also they are not allowed to post URL untill they reach X amount of posts. That prevents from spammers. Can i do that with mybb script?

Any tips i should do to improve SEO? Smile

Any tips how to get initial traffic to my forum? Smile

Thanks
A lot of these questions (if not all) have been answered already many times. I suggest you try a search Smile If not, I'll be happy to help you more.
ok im trying search, found bits of information regardless my questions..but if you can answer i would apreciate...at least for start: question about not allowing to post url/have url in signature untill they reach X amount of posts. And where should i start if i want to change template, also when searching i found people talking about some theme editor or something like that. Whats that?
thanks
mybbfan Wrote:ok im trying search, found bits of information regardless my questions..but if you can answer i would apreciate...at least for start: question about not allowing to post url/have url in signature untill they reach X amount of posts. And where should i start if i want to change template, also when searching i found people talking about some theme editor or something like that. Whats that?
thanks

1) We don't have that feature for restricting sigs until x post count currently. Sorry
2) We have a load of information on themes and templates here: [Wiki: Templates_and_Themes] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
ok what about restricting posting URL in posts?
mybbfan Wrote:ok what about restricting posting URL in posts?

Until X posts? No, You'll have to request a modification in our Code Modifications forum or suggest it as an idea at our ideas site.

Cheers,
Tikitiki
yeah mate i think its very good since spammers can not post urls Smile ok i will post suggestion tomorrow, now im off to bed, 6 am here lol
take care

if anybody want to comment on my questions feel free Wink