MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachment Corruption
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am running a MyBB instance version 1.8.4 on an internal server. The server is configures with IIS 7.5. The attachment system is the issue I am having. When a user uploads a text, PHP, HTML, etc file the attachment engine works fine. This issue arises with images and with zipped folders. Instead of showing the image, there is just the little box.

I tried saving the image to my desktop and viewing it but, it just says 'Corrupt". After a little analysis, I found that there are an extra few bits of information at the beginning of the file (instead of the typical \x89\x50\x4e\x47 I see \xef\xbb\xbf\x89\x50\x4e\x47). If I manually fix this issue, the image displays correctly.

Have you seen this issue before? I realize that you are limited by not having access to the forum. So far, I have not found any articles or threads on this particular issue nor have I found a bug like this listed.
GZIP compression is enabled
Zlib is disabled.

Thank you for your assistance.
ACP -> Tools & Maintenance -> File Verification -> Yes.
which plugins are installed and in active state ? have you tried disabling all the plugins (General Configuration settings)

the issue is due to Byte Order Mark in one of the plugin files / language files / MyBB source files

you can use bomfix.php file available here to find the files with BOM and fix such files
(2015-04-29, 04:11 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]which plugins are installed and in active state ? have you tried disabling all the plugins (General Configuration settings)

the issue is due to Byte Order Mark in one of the plugin files / language files / MyBB source files

you can use bomfix.php file available here to find the files with BOM and fix such files

Thanks for the assistance! I found the trouble plugin and have the issue fixed.