MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edit Thread Modes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to edit (remove) thread modes options?
are you sure you want to remove all those options ! basically the code is from showthread template of the theme

MyBB 1.8.x default theme showthread template consists of code likebelow
<span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="javascript:;" id="thread_modes">{$lang->thread_modes}</a>{$threadnoteslink}</strong></span>
your theme might be having few extra codes in that span element.

exactly which theme you are using ?
Nope! I don't wanna remove them all, just some options.

I'm using Vienna.
find required code after {$footer} in the showthread template and remove unwanted codes from code segment similar to below
<div id="thread_modes_popup" class="popup_menu" style="display: none;">
<div class="popup_item_container"><a href="showthread.php?mode=linear&amp;tid={$tid}&amp;pid={$pid}#pid{$pid}" class="popup_item">{$lang->linear}</a></div>

<div class="popup_item_container"><a href="showthread.php?mode=threaded&amp;tid={$tid}&amp;pid={$pid}#pid{$pid}" class="popup_item">{$lang->threaded}</a></div>

<div class="popup_item_container"><a href="/printthread.php?tid={$tid}" class="popup_item">{$lang->view_printable}</a></div>

<div class="popup_item_container"><a href="usercp2.php?action={$add_remove_subscription}subscription&amp;tid={$tid}&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}" class="popup_item">{$add_remove_subscription_text}</a></div>

<div class="popup_item_container"><a href="polls.php?action=newpoll&amp;tid={$tid}" class="popup_item">{$lang->add_poll_to_thread}</a></div>

<div class="popup_item_container"><a href="sendthread.php?tid={$tid}" class="popup_item">Send thread to a friend</a></div>
  </div>
Oh my god. It was right there from the begging.

Thanks, works great!