MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IcyBoards => MyBB 1.8: Help with SQL details
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I've gotten to this stage; the database configuration module in the merge system wizard. Here's a screenie of where I am right now:

[img]imgur.com/ngwELLf.jpgp/img]

Now, I contacted Guardian - an administrator at the IcyBoards support forums. He said that IcyBoards's involvement is finished once the database is downloaded. But I don't quite get how I can get the MySQL details of my forum - http://spamheaven.co. I wish to merge that forum with this new copy of MyBB - http://spamheaven2169.byethost22.com - it is currently closed as that is what MyBB recommends to do during the merge process - for both forums.
So, Guardian said to ask you guys regarding this; how do I get the SQL details of Spam Heaven?
[NOTE: I do have the IcyBoards SQL database; I've downloaded it and have the SQL file; I unzipped it)
Please help!!
does the forum at byethost has members & posts ? do you really need merging of two forums ?

if so, you have to import the database backup got from icyboards as another database into
your web server and use that database details for the Merge system.
(2015-04-30, 05:23 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]does the forum at byethost has members & posts ? do you really need merging of two forums ?

if so, you have to import the database backup got from icyboards as another database into
your web server and use that database details for the Merge system.

Well, no. I don't want to merge them. I just want to move Spam Heaven from IcyBoards to MyBB 1.8. 
And, as for importing the database backup, how do I do that, exactly? I'm a bit confused on that part.
If you go into phpMyAdmin on byte host, there will be an option to import the database. I haven't used byte host, so I'm not sure which control panel they use, but some even allow imports straight from the panel.
The database you create for the forum you are trying to merge into:
Go into phpMyAdmin, 
access that database,
go to the import tab,
import the database.
Okay, but first, I have to upload my forumbackup.sql to /htdocs/merge/boards/mybb, right? (Note: /htdocs is my root directory)
Edit: Nevermind. I think I got it.
Edit #2: Yup. I've imported my SQL database and I'm almost done running all of the modules.
Edit #3: All done! Yay! Thank you guys for your help. I'd mark Euan T's answer as best answer as well, but Sawedoff's answer was a BIT more specific, and I can only choose one, so I went with him.
(2015-04-30, 02:12 PM)Cookie123 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit #3: All done! Yay! Thank you guys for your help. I'd mark Euan T's answer as best answer as well, but Sawedoff's answer was a BIT more specific, and I can only choose one, so I went with him.

See, its all a matter of WHERE you ask. Wink

I'm Guardian BTW. 
(2015-05-01, 12:16 AM)Sawedoff Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-30, 02:12 PM)Cookie123 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit #3: All done! Yay! Thank you guys for your help. I'd mark Euan T's answer as best answer as well, but Sawedoff's answer was a BIT more specific, and I can only choose one, so I went with him.

See, its all a matter of WHERE you ask. Wink

I'm Guardian BTW. 

Oh. Hmm. Makes sense. Your avi did seem familiar.
Anyways, I kinda messed up. I had it all completed, until...
I pointed my domain (http://spamheaven.co) to ByteHost's nameservers. Unfortunately, something went wrong, so I had to start all over again.
I'm almost done (again). I decided to back up my forum's database via IcyBoards one more time as a few more posts were made and I don't want to lose them. Just waiting for that to finish and then I can run the modules.
Yeah, I didn't want to be a... pain. We have too many people expecting us to support MyBB in general so the line in the sand has to be a firm one.

DNS is always a pain. Hope you get it sorted.
Oh, yeah, I got it fixed. Used a new web-host, much better. Unfortunately, we now have a theme problem. Only one theme (Purple Board) works. The rest... don't.