MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Solved: empty plugin list after uploading pluginname.php + "pluginname - Copy.php"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB 1.8.4

I noticed this now 3 times... Time to post it? : )

When I have to edit a php file (compatibility flag, mostly) I usually (Windows) first create a copy of the file. I'll end up with two files:
pluginname - Copy.php
and
pluginname.php

I'll edit pluginname.php and upload them both to the server (my logic: I'll always have the original php at hand).

Result though, is that the plugins list in MyBB Admin CP will be empty (just informational header). None of the installed plugins will be shown UNTIL I remove * - Copy.php from the server. Then all works great once more...

Is my board a bit messed up or is this confirmed for others too? Anyways, thanks for reading,

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius
copy of the plugin file should have another extension (other than php - it can be .ORIG or .COPY or .OLD ...)
(2015-05-01, 04:48 PM)bitcoin Wrote: [ -> ]Is my board a bit messed up or is this confirmed for others too?

By adding the same plugin 2 times with other names you're duplicating functions used in it, thus causing a PHP error.