MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot install themes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This has gotten annoying. For some reason any theme I download cannot be installed, not even with ignore version checked. Any attempts say that either the package is invalid, does not contain a true theme, or there was an unknown error.

I followed the installation instructions to the letter -- by the way you give 666 CHMOD for upload and in the options say it requires 777, you might want to pick and stick with one of them -- and have double checked file integrity and chmods. I don't seem to have a single problem anywhere. Latest MyBB 1.2.3 version, no customizations beyond a custom logo at the moment.
Can you PM me ftp access and Admin access? (Please note that I will be in school for six hours in 8 minutes)
Sure. It'll take a few moments to setup virtual ftp access for the subdomain, and a temporary administrative account. Once I've got it done I'll send it your way.

I'm not in a huge hurry though, still lots of other things to do. I wanted the SlateTech theme in particular, but nothing I've done so far has gotten any theme at all installed.
I got a work around manually. The zip upload, which always worked before, seems to have stopped working.
Did you go to Themes -> Import and import the .XML file, and then upload the images to your ./images folder?
Yes. I did that myself manually, though in the previous versions I used it was all done automatically. Something might be wrong in the most recent themes, since they refuse to install in any way, shape, or form.
Um...as far as I remember, there was never a time when you could upload a whole zip file and it would automatically extract all the images with it. We only had .xml file (current system) and .theme (which was basically the same data as what's in the .xml except in a slightly different format).

You have to import the .xml via the Admin CP and separately upload your images with an FTP client. That has always been the case.