MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Latest threads not showing in Portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Info
Hey all, I have a small problem with myBB 1.8 that I recently noticed. The latest threads are not showing in the sidebar for the Portal. They used to on 1.6 for sure. I upgraded to myBB 1.8 a few months back and it all went pretty smoothly for the most part.

I've got all the settings right in the admin cp side of things, and troubleshooting has been me switching all the options are to try and see if they pop up again:

[Image: rNOIdaW.png]

As you can see in the portal, its just white space under the search section, usually all latest threads are displayed:

[Image: 6pptXmA.png]

Thank you for anyone who has any idea! My thanks in advance.
Did you check you template ? portal, portal_latestthreads and portal_latestthreads_thread
(2015-05-04, 07:00 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Did you check you template ? portal, portal_latestthreads and portal_latestthreads_thread

Totally forgot to.

Upon look:
portal_latestthreads and portal_latestthreads_thread appear to look fine.

I noticed the calling card '{$threadlist}' was missing from the portal template though. Upon adding it:
<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="{$lang->latest_announcements} (RSS 2.0)" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/syndication.php?portal=1" />
<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="{$lang->latest_announcements} (Atom 1.0)" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/syndication.php?portal=1&type=atom1.0" />
{$headerinclude}

<script>
  (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
  m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-53123643-1', 'auto');
  ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>
</head>
<body>
{$header}
{$ps_header_portal}
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" border="0" align="center">
<tr><td valign="top" width="200">
{$welcome}
{$pms}
{$search}
{$stats}
{$whosonline}
{$threadlist}
</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td valign="top">
{$announcements}
{$multipage}
</td>
</tr>
</table>
{$ps_footer_portal}
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

But it results in the threads bring posted without a border:
[Image: d4gZOkO.png]

portal_latestthreads contains:

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">

<tr>
<td class="thead"><strong>{$lang->latest_threads}</strong></td>
</tr>
<td class="trow1">
{$threadlist}
</td>
</table>
<br />

But thats essentially the same as all the others (stats, pm, online, etc.)

Hmmm...
remove td element wrapping and use {$threadlist} only in the portal_latestthreads template

And in the portal template replace {$threadlist} with {$latestthreads}

(edited)
Here are the working templates:
portal
<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="{$lang->latest_announcements} (RSS 2.0)" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/syndication.php?portal=1" />
<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="{$lang->latest_announcements} (Atom 1.0)" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/syndication.php?portal=1&type=atom1.0" />
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" border="0" align="center">
<tr><td valign="top" width="200">
{$welcome}
{$pms}
{$search}
{$stats}
{$whosonline}
{$latestthreads}
</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td valign="top">
{$announcements}
{$multipage}
</td>
</tr>
</table>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

portal_latestthreads
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead"><strong>{$lang->latest_threads}</strong></td>
</tr>
{$threadlist}
</table>
<br />

portal_latestthreads_thread
<tr>
<td class="{$altbg}">
<strong><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/{$thread['threadlink']}">{$thread['subject']}</a></strong>
<span class="smalltext"><br />
{$lang->forum} <a href="{$thread['forumlink']}">{$thread['forumname']}</a><br />
<a href="{$thread['lastpostlink']}">{$lang->latest_threads_lastpost}</a> {$lastposterlink}<br />
{$lastpostdate}<br />
<strong>&raquo; </strong>{$lang->latest_threads_replies} {$thread['replies']}<br />
<strong>&raquo; </strong>{$lang->latest_threads_views} {$thread['views']}
</span>
</td>
</tr>
Thank you very much the both of you, it's working now:
http://thevideogameforum.com/portal.php

Thank you!