MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Allow HTML for certain usergroups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Following 4 options highlighted ones must be moved under ACP»User Groups in Miscellaneous settings of user-groups.
These options must be user group specific instead of forum specific.

[Image: Z2tGOL6.jpg]
Just an idea!!!
This won't happen in 1.x for several reasons. Eg what happens if userA has permission and writes a post, userB doesn't but is able to edit the post? Or if I write a post with HTML and later when I don't have permission to use HTML anymore try to edit it? There are quite a lot of problems like those. There's a plugin for HTML for usergroups IIRC which simply ignores these problems but if we'd include it we'd need to find solutions and at that point there are other things we want to focus on.
(2015-05-04, 06:30 AM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]This won't happen in 1.x for several reasons. Eg what happens if userA has permission and writes a post, userB doesn't but is able to edit the post? Or if I write a post with HTML and later when I don't have permission to use HTML anymore try to edit it?

It should be dependent on the author, by default.

So if author no permission for code x, code x won't be supported no matter further edits by other users.
And when you change the permssions all existing posts are broken? It's not that simple... Wink
(2015-06-04, 03:59 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]And when you change the permssions all existing posts are broken? It's not that simple... Wink

Hmm, is like that. (common phrase in my class)
---
Although I'm inexperienced, but the power of codes have gone beyond my expectation, so this idea shouldn't be impossible:

Quote:Make the content posts posted one-time.

I've seen this option (phrased similarly) multiple times, if I'm not wrong, they were optimisation related.

Here's elaboration if you don't understand what I meant:

I hypothesize, this is how it works:

Quote:<h3>I'm a boy</h3>
To display, it'll connect back to MySQL check if author has permission. If yes, then it'll xxx (I don't know how it works), if no, then it'll leave exactly like that. *(repeats every future load)*

Why not you make it like this:
Quote:<h3>I'm a boy</h3>
First, it'll connect to MySQL and check if author has permission. If yes, it'll save then it'll xxx (I don't know how it works), if no, then it'll leave exactly like that.

Then, it'll save the version.

Future load it'll use the saved version.

There are also some benefits: faster since lesser connection to MySQL and lesser CPU usage

Unless future the author permission changed from disallowed to allowed, then it'll look back to the database again and create version #2 to enable HTML support. Future loads it'll use version #2 and repeat the rules again.

--The End--

Produced by XP Mai, Bookstore. Copywrong 2015, XP Mai Bookstore Ptes unLtd. All rights unreserved.

Order your copy today! Call +0 (123) 4321-5678.
(2015-05-04, 06:30 AM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]This won't happen in 1.x for several reasons. Eg what happens if userA has permission and writes a post, userB doesn't but is able to edit the post? Or if I write a post with HTML and later when I don't have permission to use HTML anymore try to edit it? There are quite a lot of problems like those. There's a plugin for HTML for usergroups IIRC which simply ignores these problems but if we'd include it we'd need to find solutions and at that point there are other things we want to focus on.

What's the link to that plugin, please?

I run a lot of forums and this is the first one that I've used in which HTML cannot be toggled by user groups.

EDIT - found it:

http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=16