MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: request no url posting allowed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi, i got the idea from other forum script, do not remember which was that, anyway.. This mod do not allow users posting URL untill they reach x(50 or whatever) number of posts. That way forum is prevented from spammers who signup and post spam urls... Also they are not allowed to have URL in signature untill they reach x amount of posts

Its usefull mod, what do you think?
Here you go look here, Posts Required To View This Forum
Or probably this will work for you if you didn't like the 1sthere

Quote:Also they are not allowed to have URL in signature untill they reach x amount of posts
By using the second link i have provided, you can move them from a group that does not have permissions to to use Signature to one that does.
This is not controling of links anyway.
sorry but that is nothing to do with what i am saying... How does it prevent from spamming URL?
Well, if they can't have a signature, then they can't put a URL in it! Big Grin
yeah, but thats the addition, not bad. but they must not have opportunity to post url in the message
mybbfan Wrote:yeah, but thats the addition, not bad. but they must not have opportunity to post url in the message

Posting links in posts is something, and signatures is another thing.
The 2 ways i have provided are the best and only concepts.
1 will hide a forum for X amount posters, if you dont' like it the other will show the forums but people won't be able to post in that forum due to the group permission.
i know its 2 things. I dont get why do you offer this, especially 1st one. It will stop spammers as well as original new members from posting. I want to stop only spammers. Second thing why it wont work- you cant stop them from posting to whole forum, otherwise forum will be dead. So what if you dont let them post in certain places of forum, they will spam to those places which are open. This concept is only for making kind of private forums, where trusted members with many post can post, it has nothing to do with spamming IMO
and i see that they are only concepts, thats why i made a request ( adviced by mod here) for way better concept that is implemented in other forum scripts
I'm sure I've seen a MOD around somewhere that only allows URL's to be posted within a thread/post after 'x' amount of posts. I'll go trawl and have a look. Smile
Are you saying you'd like the links to just be automatically removed from any posts or do you want something that would give an error and not post anything if there's a link in the post?
Galen Wrote:Are you saying you'd like the links to just be automatically removed from any posts or do you want something that would give an error and not post anything if there's a link in the post?

It gives you an error when they try posting a thread that has URL's posted within it.
Pages: 1 2 3