MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to change cookie?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way i can change the cookie so it will collaberate (sp?) with my new domain at www.sims2pedia.com. I want it to be so that way when people come to my site it shows up as sims2pedia.com in the address box.
Do you mean masking the domain? or redirecting to sims2pedia.com ?
why don't you just upload the files to sims2pedia.com/forums for example
How can i do that?

I mean like the host i use (5gb Free) makes it so that my database name has to be ricang07_... (ricang07 is my user name) i didnt want this to be so. The domain name to my site is www.ricang07.5gbfree.com and to my forums is www.ricang07.5gbfree.com/forum
I dont like that name so what i did was bought a domain name from yahoo. but the masking still wont work with the cookie seettings im guessing, and now im stuck here trying to build a decent site with a crappy name. I just want some solution and would be so glad for some useful help =]
hmm.. forward that domain to the free one.. but don't mask it. like this when someone go to www.newdns.com he will be redirected to http://www.ricang07.5gbfree.com/forum and then will work as working with http://www.ricang07.5gbfree.com/forum and we cant do more than that, because login wont work.

To create this redirection, you domain control panel should have a redirection option. Ask the support team of the place you got the domain from to help you finding it out.

remember masking domains never works.
would it work if i make a new home page on another server and put my old website in a frameset? Then would i be able to mask it with no problem?
hmmm.. i believe this should work.. never tried it ..but it should.. try it but keep the cookie settings set according to the free hosting.

But why you just dont move to the other server?
You should try to get a better host that allows you to use your own domain. Otherwise you'll be stuck with ugly solutions like frames and cookie problems, etc.