MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changed hosts/domain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, me being me, I jumped right in, changed my domain, changed hosting and pretty much left the old domain with nothing. Nor did I read anything about how would I properly change hosts without breaking the forum itself, and so I broke it.

I got the database copy, luckily that. I also got the whole public_html. So I decided to upload the whole public_html to my new host. That just broke everything and my site was with weird signs (index).
Oh and also ofc I changed the database settings, cookie domain etc.

After that I decided to install the default MyBB again and on top of that the old one, which... kinda worked.
As in, I heavily modified the theme, but it only reads the theme as it was originally. I'm pretty sure that's to do with the theme cache.

So currently I have a choice of using the original theme, which I would have to modify again. Which is way too much work.

The actual problem: How do I copy over the theme with proper theme cache? (css etc.)
Forum link: Here

If anyone can help me, thanks a lot. Could save a lot of work.

Still haven't found a fix :c
You can export the theme in ACP, import it to the new host and run ACP -> Tools & Maintenance -> Task Manager -> Stylesheet Re-Cache task by pressing the clock icon next to it (do only this if the CSS is correct in ACP already).
(2015-05-06, 05:56 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]You can export the theme in ACP, import it to the new host and run ACP -> Tools & Maintenance -> Task Manager -> Stylesheet Re-Cache task by pressing the clock icon next to it (do only this if the CSS is correct in ACP already).

Yeah, my old domain is currently down so I can't do it right now :l
if you can PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP) then I can check it

however its late midnight for me & I'll stay online for about 15 minutes from now (upto GMT 1850)
(2015-05-06, 06:36 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if you can PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP) then I can check it

however its late midnight for me & I'll stay online for about 15 minutes from now (upto GMT 1850)

Sorry, I wasn't on at that moment. I'll send you the info and you can check it out for yourself, whenever you have time.
Thanks!