MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Update content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I change settings in the ACP or edit topics, the content is saved but is not updated on the screen, so, I need to update manually (F5) to content appear on the screen as it is saved on the server.

What can this be?

Thank you.
(2015-05-06, 12:58 PM)umarizal Wrote: [ -> ]What can this be?

The way the Internet/browser has always worked. You can't refresh static content without refreshing the static content (unless you're using AJAX, but you should do that only for features that really require it, otherwise you can kill your server).
It's very strange MyBB behavior. PhpBB on this same server do not.

I login and the page continues without me logged in, so I have to push F5 to change. The same when change settings in Admin Panel.

It is very strange that.
Any idea if this is configuration issue?

When post new topics, forums continue with status no new posts.

When I see topics that have new posts, the forum continues stating that there are topics with new drive without viewing.

It is very strange, it seems that for every change, I need to refresh the page (F5) so that the content displayed is actually updated.
As already said, this is static content and not dynamically refreshed. When you load a page you get is as it is now and when you do nothing it remains the same, also when in reality messages are added. These are only shown when you refresh the page manually.
Generally you will not notice that because you simply leave the page and go to another which is then up to date again.

There is a plugin that warns you when new messages have been added to a discussion while you are reacting by a reply or quick reply.

(2015-06-07, 08:54 PM)umarizal Wrote: [ -> ]The same when change settings in Admin Panel.

I do not recognize that. When I change a setting in AdminCP, either the page is refreshed or I am redirected to a higher level page.