MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED:]Cookie Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently installed MyBB 1.2.3 today and since I don't have my domain tranfered succesfully yet, I'm using my IP Address and Username for a "domain". When I try yo login to the board with my username, it says I was successful then it redirects me back to the front page. Yet, I'm still Guest! So I go to my control panel of my server, go to inc/settings.php and find the domain settings and yet, I've been reading the Wiki: Domians article and yet nothing helps! Sad What's wrong?
Link please.
and also read here
Until you get your domain working, you can use the cookie settings:

Cookie Domain: <-- this is blank, meaning don't put anything into the box.
Cookie Path: /
DennisTT Wrote:Until you get your domain working, you can use the cookie settings:

Cookie Domain: <-- this is blank, meaning don't put anything into the box.
Cookie Path: /

Sorry for the late message, but thanks to Zaher, he help me out on this and everything is working perfectly. Great Job on MyBB you guys! Big Grin
I have the same problem..
I have a working board up for our members, but decided to install a test site for mods/theme customizations etc, and after installing, I go to log in, and as above, am told successful, but still show as a guest..

I can login thru mydomain/admin and change settings and such...
I have tried leaving the cookie domain blank and also filling it in ( btw, the little tool for cookie settings is a nice touch)
Same with the cookie path....

Still a no-go..

Frustrating, one install on a domain no issues, and then 2nd install on a sub-domain, this..

I am very impressed overall, I have been a phpbb user for years, and made the switch by a couple member demands, and have to say I am liking the software....great work !

Any ideas besides the above ? I tried both ways, and nada.

Thanks.
DOH !
As I mentioned my test site was on a sub-domain...(test.mydomain.com)
I had my cookie domain to .test.mydomain.com

No go..

I changed the cookie domain to .mydomain.com and everything working.