MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ABP Multi Domain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This MyBB plugin allows admin to set several urls used to access the same forum.

Installation
  • Upload the content of the UPLOAD/ directory to your MyBB root
  • Install the plugin from the ACP
  • Go to the ABP Multidomain configuration panel
  • Add new urls
NOITCE : You MUST access the forum ACP via the main url, other urls won't work.

TO DO
  • Manage admin rights : actually, any admin can manage domains

Thread approved.
So if I understand this correctly, I can this this plugin to mask my domain?

I run and LGBT website for teens, and some people haven't came out to their parents yet. So if I were to buy another domain for example: gamingforumz.com they could use that instead of lgbteens.net?
You understand well.
The plugin hides all relationships with the alternative domain, all occurences of lgbteens.net will be replaced with gamingforumz.com.
Awesome, thanks for this plugin.

In the future would it be possible to code in something to change the websites title name, and the index names?

By index names I mean this stuff:

MyBB Community Forums › Resources › Plugins › Plugin Releases v [For 1.8] ABP Multi Domain
Yes, it's possible to have this kind of modifications, I already planned to allow a theme changement and a default language for each domain.
(2015-06-18, 08:45 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it's possible to have this kind of modifications, I already planned to allow a theme changement and a default language for each domain.

Awesome! One of the best plugins that I've seen to be honest. Can't wait for that update :-)
(2015-06-19, 05:51 PM)propilot Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome! One of the best plugins that I've seen to be honest. Can't wait for that update :-)

You'll wait Big Grin
BTW, I've 2 hard & long working weeks, but after I'll be 150% on this plugin Smile
its a nice plugin but i dont know how to make it work Sad
You need at least 2 domains (or sub-domains) pointing to your forum.
One will be the main (the domain used to install MyBB), you don't have to do anything about it.

Other domains must be set in "multi-domain", and your users coming from them won't see the difference.
Pages: 1 2